With cooperation and courtesy, multi-use trails can work for everyone. These rules will be enforced! Report trail conflicts or violations to County Parks Management. For a more immediate response, call the County Sheriff. Dial 911 for emergencies. Responsible trail use starts here.
County Trail Administration and Information
Sunrise Prairie Regional Trail Segment
Swedish Immigrant Regional Trail Segment
Chisago County Parks Department
P.O. Box 815
North Branch, MN 55056
Chisago County Sheriff
Hardwood Creek Trail Segment
Washington County Parks Division
1515 Keats Avenue N.
Lake Elmo, MN 55042
All Trail Users
- Be safe and courteous.
- Respect the rights of other trail users.
- No unauthorized motor vehicles.
- Keep to the right side of the trail.
- Alert other users when passing by announcing, "Passing on your left."
- Please keep the trail clean - "pack it in, pack it out."
- Stay on the trail; don't trespass on private property.
- Clean up pet waste.
- Pets must be leashed.
- County Park and Trail Ordinances apply.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tobacco Free Policy on County-Owned Parks & Trails
Bikers and In-line Skaters
- Helmets and safety equipment are recommended.
- Bicycles must be ridden at safe speeds, and in any case not greater than posted speed limits.
- Bicycles and other wheeled users always yield to pedestrians. Slow down, call out or ring bell when passing.
- Snowmobiles are welcome on trails designated and groomed for their use.
- Metal traction products and / or studs are not allowed.
- Snowmobiles are not allowed on paved portions of the trail.