Lake Improvement District
Chisago Lakes Lake Improvement District (LID) Annual Meeting and Election of one Area 2 Board of Directors position - Results.
The Annual Meeting and Election of the Chisago Lakes Lake Improvement District was held on Monday, February 7, 2022, at 6:30 p.m., combination of a virtual and in-person meeting. The in-person meeting was held in conference room 150B, lowest level, Chisago County Government Center, Center City.
The Annual Meeting included a presentation showcasing 2021 projects and activities.
In addition, from January 4 through February 7, 2022, there was an election for one Area 2 Board of Directors positions. Election results were presented at the Annual Meeting. Click here to view the map showing Board Member areas.
Area 2 Board of Directors Election Results.
Area 2 is bounded by Highway 8 on the North, County Road 25 (Olinda Trail) to the West and includes the Southeast corner of the Chisago Lakes Lake Improvement District. Blooms, Linn, Ogren, Pearson, South Center and Swamp Lakes are included in this area.
Candidate(s) that have submitted an application include: Jill Behnke received 13 votes. Scott Noland received 11 votes. Jill Behnke is the Area 2 LID Board Director.
Chisago Lakes Lake Improvement District Board Meeting Information - August 1, 2022
The Chisago Lakes Lake Improvement District Board Meeting on Monday, August 1, 2022 at 6:30 p.m. will be held as an in-person and virtual meeting. The in-person meeting will be in the Admin Board Room, lowest level, Chisago County Government Center, 313 North Main Street, Center City.
***Notice of Participation via Teams***
Pursuant to Minnesota Statutes Section 13D.02, Subd. 3, persons interested in monitoring the meeting electronically from a remote location may view the meeting through the Microsoft Teams meeting link below.
Instructions for residents or audience participants to attend the meeting via a web link or call in (audio only) are as follows.
1. Please Click here to join the meeting.
2. Or, call in (audio only)
+1 612-428-8763,,582762600# United States, Minneapolis
Phone Conference ID: 582 762 600#
Residents wishing to provide public comment at the meeting may do so in-person, or by telephone or electronic means.
Please contact Jerry Spetzman by calling 651-213-8383 or Susanna Wilson Witkowski by calling 651-213-8380 by 4:00 p.m. on the meeting date for further instructions.
The regularly scheduled Chisago Lakes Lake Improvement District (LID) Board meetings are held:
- 6:30 p.m.
- The 1st Monday of each month, unless that date is in conflict with a major holiday
- In those instances, the meetings will be held on the following Monday
- Chisago County Government Center, Room 150B in Center City
- 2022 LID Board Meeting Calendar (PDF)
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are ready for review before the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Area 1: Mike Mergens Term: 2019 - 2023
- Area 2: Jill Behnke Term: 2022 - 2026
- Area 3: Margaret LeVassuer Term: 2020 - 2024
- Area 4: Steve Paquay Term: 2020 - 2024
- Area 5: Monica Kinny Term: 2021 - 2025
- At Large: Todd McBride Term: 2021 - 2025
- At Large: Gary Schumacher Term: 2019 - 2023
The mission of the Chisago Lakes Lake Improvement District is to restore, preserve, protect and enhance the water resources of the Chisago Lakes Chain of Lakes Watershed.
The goals of the Lake Improvement District are to:
- Preserve, protect and enhance water quality within the Chisago Lakes Chain of Lakes Watershed.
- Maintain the ditch and weir system in order to control water levels during high water events.
- Encourage environmentally sound land use practices for urban and agricultural areas to protect water quality within the Chisago Lakes Chain of Lakes Watershed.
- Support safe and balanced recreational use of surface water.
- Restore, improve and maintain navigation channels between the lakes.
- Protect, encourage and restore native shoreline to improve fish and wildlife habitat.
- Promote environmental education, awareness and stewardship within the Chisago Lakes Chain of Lakes Watershed.
- Promote the reduction of non-native aquatic invasive species.
Water Resource Management
The activities of the Lake Improvement District are guided by a Water Resource Management Plan (PDF). The plan includes the Mission, Goals, and Objectives of the LID. Each year the plan is reviewed and modified by the LID Board. The plan is used as a budgeting tool to prioritize the use of limited funding.
Lake Improvement District By-Laws
The Chisago Lakes Lake Improvement District was first established on April 21, 1976 by Resolution of the Chisago County Board of Commissioners and was reactivated by Resolution of the County Board on August 21, 1984.
The Chisago Lakes Chain of Lakes Watershed is about 10 miles long and 9.3 miles wide. Maps of the lakes are available below. The major lakes in the Chisago Lakes Chain of Lakes Watershed (PDF) are: