What is Provided?
- Grave site: next available, no pre-selection
- Headstone: standard government upright granite Perpetual Care: grave sites maintained by cemetery personnel
What is the Cost?
- Veteran: $0
- Spouse / Eligible Dependent: $700, opening / closing fee
- Same for casket or cremation burial
- Opening / closing fee for dependents cannot be prepaid and is subject to change.
Is Pre-Registration Available?
Yes. This assures your eligibility in advance and eliminates delays in providing military documents to the cemetery. Chisago County Veterans Services has pre registration forms available in our office and can assist you in completing this form.
How are Committal Services Handled?
Currently the cemetery can do seven services a day on a first-come first-served basis.
- Every hour from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m. is reserved for cremation only
No services are allowed to start after 2:45 p.m., and all interments are made immediately after the committal service.
Committal services are held in our chapel. The remains are left in state until the family has left the cemetery, and then interred by cemetery personnel.
Are Military Honors Provided?
Yes. The cemetery can arrange for honor guard services through our Memorial Rifle Squad and the Minnesota Military Funeral Honors Program.
For more information go to State Veterans Cemeteries.