Discharge Benefits

Members of the armed forces are provided a discharge record, Form DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, on completion of total military service, including active and reserve service. Your discharge (DD-214 or equivalent) is a very important document because your eligibility for all Veterans Affairs (VA) benefits is determined by it.

There are a number of sources from which you may be able to get certified copies or photocopies of your discharge record. Please contact Chisago County Veterans Services.