Tax forfeited parcels are properties on which delinquent property taxes were not paid, title to the land and buildings was forfeited and title is now vested in the State of Minnesota. Following a review period per Minnesota Statutes, these properties are open to the public to purchase.
We highly recommend that you thoroughly research any tax forfeited parcel before purchase.
- All property is sold "As Is" and may not conform to local building and/or zoning ordinances.
- The County makes no warranty that the land is "buildable".
- No bid can be accepted for less than the appraised value.
- All sales are final and no refunds or exchanges are permitted
- Any property subject to special assessments may have part or all of the assessment reinstated after the sale by the municipality.
- Full payment is due the day of the sale. Except those parcels selling for more than $40,000 which can be purchased for 30% down and the balance due with 90 days plus interest of 5% on the unpaid balance.
- All purchasers are required to pay the following fees
- State Deed Fee - $25
- Recording Fee - $46
- Assurance Fee - 3% of purchase price
- State Deed Tax - .33% (.0033) of the purchase price
- Well Certificate (if applicable) - $50
When are Forfeiture Auctions held?
There isn't a set schedule for auctions. We will post sale information and property descriptions when available on this page. In addition, a notice will be published in the Chisago County Press and ECM-Post Review approximately 20 days prior to the sale for 2 consecutive weeks.
You may also subscribe to the Notify Me module at the bottom of this page.